Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
A Health Savings Account (HSA) is an important component of your BenefitWallet and an integral part of your high deductible health plan strategy. The idea is simple: after enrolling in a qualified high deductible health plan (HDHP) and opening an HSA, members can use accumulated tax-free contributions to pay for health care costs for themselves, their spouse and any tax dependents — including doctor and hospital visits, co-payments, eyeglasses, prescriptions, certain long-term care insurance premiums and COBRA premiums.
Members can contribute to an HSA up to an annual limit specified by the IRS, and retain control of the account and are able to rollover any funds remaining at the end of the year. From day one, the funds belong to members and can be used at any time in the future.
- Interest-bearing, FDIC-insured checking account with a trusted bank custodian
- Integrated investment account
- Broad portfolio of highly-rated investment options
- Multiple fund families
- No minimums, no loads, no transaction fees
- Automatic sweeps
- $1,000 threshold to invest
- $1 investment minimum
- Investment Wizard to guide the decision process
- Online bill payment and fund transfers
- Intelligent BenefitWallet Visa® debit card
- Educational video library covering a range of topics from basic information to tax filing
- Health claim account management
- Mobile account access
- View account balances and transaction history
- View account alerts and claim details
- Submit a new claim
- Upload photo images of claim documentation
- View a smart list of only claims that require your action
- Online employer reporting
- Member statements
- Specialized communication materials
- Over one-third of HSA dollars are spent by employees using checks!
To learn more about our Health Savings Accounts, please contact us.